Are you ready?
The 2010 Legislature passed HB 1046, which makes significant changes to procurement law for state and local government, K-12 schools and higher education institutions.
To help schools better understand the changes, the state’s Bureau of Administration will host three free briefings for personnel responsible for procuring goods and services, including those that solicit quotes to establish or manage contracts.
Some of the changes include:
• Bid limit changes
• Bond requirement changes
• New Internet posting requirements for contracts
• New sourcing methods
• New service contract requirements
• New cooperative opportunities for local government
Briefings will be held in these locations:
May 24, Spearfish
Black Hills State University, Jacket Legacy Room
May 25, Pierre
State Capitol, Room 412
May 26, Sioux Falls
Public University Research Center
Please RSVP by Monday, May 17, to Gala Byrum-Stiles,
(605) 773-3466 or Gala.Byrum-Stiles@state.sd.us
For more information:
Jeff Holden, Office of Procurement Management,
(605) 773-3405 Jeff.Holden@state.sd.us
Kristi Honeywell, Office of the State Engineer,
(605) 773-3466 Kristi.Honeywell@state.sd.us