The Department of Education is accepting applications for world language standards review work groups.
The department is soliciting 25-30 work group members comprised of K-12 and postsecondary educators, administrators, curriculum directors, parents and business/industry partners to review K-12 world language standards. Applications are due March 15.
Work group members will be reimbursed for travel expenses and paid for work completed. Work group members must participate in the following meetings in Pierre:
- June 13-15 (three-day work session)
- June 21 (may be canceled if work is completed in first session)
- June 7, 2018
The review process will consist of the following steps, allowing educators and stakeholders to analyze what is working or identify challenges and propose revisions:
- Summer 2017: Complete initial review and draft any edits
- School year 2017-18: Gather feedback from non-work group educators
- Summer 2018: Review feedback and make final edits
- School year 2018-19: State Board of Education conducts four public hearings
Questions? Contact Teresa Berndt with the Department of Education.