The Department of Education is accepting applications for Perkins Reserve Grants. Maximum grant awards of $30,000 are available.
District eligibility criteria:
In order to apply for a Perkins Reserve Grant, the school district must meet the following criteria:
Uses of grant funds:
- Offer one or more approved career and technical education programs in the 2016-17 school year within a rural school district in South Dakota.
- Submit a complete and accurate application on or prior to March 13.
- If awarded a grant, commit to completing work outlined in the application by Aug. 15.
Perkins Reserve Grants will be awarded competitively for the following uses:
Examples of eligible purchases are included in Appendix A of the grant application.
- The purchase of industry‐grade classroom equipment or curricula.
- The purchase of high‐quality professional development opportunities.
Applications are due March 13. Awards will be announced by March 27, and projects can start in April.
Here is the grant guidance/application.