CenturyLink awards teachers for innovative technology ideas
The CenturyLink Foundation and the South Dakota Department of Education announced the winners of the 2012 Teachers and Technology grant program last week. Ten projects were selected as winners and the teachers who applied will be awarded $2,500 to implement new technologies in their classroom.
The CenturyLink Foundation Teachers and Technology grant program rewards South Dakota kindergarten through 12th-grade teachers who propose new ways to apply technology in their classrooms to improve student performance.
Congratulations to the 2012 CenturyLink Foundation Teachers and Technology grant winners:
• Sheryl Rehurek, Lincoln Elementary, Yankton
• Shari O’Keefe, Stevens High School, Rapid City
• Angela Fluth, Lowell Elementary, Sioux Falls
• Linda Foos and Clarice Buhler, Milbank Elementary School, Milbank
• Angie Wegner, Estelline School District
• Chris Coughlin, New Technology High School, Sioux Falls
• Kelly Erickson, Tina Kucker and Lisa Riddle; Lowell Elementary,
• Cody Lukkes, Yankton Middle School, Yankton
• Colleen Jensen and Tricia Gerlach, Watertown High School, Watertown
• Erica Kogel, Hayward Elementary, Sioux Falls
For more information, contact Erin Larsen at the Department of Education.