Department of Education Headlines
- Schools across state administering Smarter Balanced Field Test
Districts’ preparations across the state are paying off as thousands of students make the move to online testing.
- Local educators help develop Smarter Balanced Digital Library
Trained educators, including more than 55 South Dakota teachers, are in the process of submitting, vetting and posting Digital Library resources.
- Sign up today for summer training on SLOs
The Department of Education is hosting numerous trainings related to Student Learning Objectives this summer. Read what a fellow educator is saying about SLOs.
Making sense of NAEP results: 4th and 8th grade reading
Reading is fundamental to learning. See how South Dakota students are performing on the National Assessment of Educational Progress, which is one measure of reading proficiency.
• Reading Grade 4
• Reading Grade 8
- Grant to better prepare educators to serve students with disabilities
The goal of a new grant is to ensure general and special educators have the skills necessary to improve educational outcomes of students with disabilities.
- Attend free summer courses on data driven decision making
Data is a powerful tool for improving student outcomes. These courses will take the mystery out of how to use it.