Department of Education Headlines
- February is CTE Month
• CTE Month all about “superheroes”
• Governor’s Grants for CTE awarded to districts
- Wolsey-Wessington students spend week solving mock crimes
A week-long Forensics in the Classroom program is helping students and teachers prepare for problem-based learning.
- How to develop ESL programming
This story is the second in a series on English Language Learners (ELLs) in South Dakota. In the next installment, learn more about programming in the Huron and Sioux Falls School Districts.
- Nominate an educator for the Outstanding Biology Teacher Award
The Outstanding Biology Teacher Award honors teachers of the life sciences in grades 7-12.
- School Health Guidelines training coming up in March
The “School Health Guidelines to Promote Healthy Eating and Physical Activity” training is fast approaching.
- 2013 South Dakota School Library Data Digest now available
The Data Digest is a snapshot of the latest things happening in South Dakota school libraries.
- South Dakota students selected for U.S. Senate Youth Program
Two student delegates have been chosen to attend the U.S. Senate Youth Program March 8-15 in Washington, D.C.