Department of Education Headlines
- Legislature approves reduced cost for select dual credit courses
Select dual credit coursework will be available to public high school students in grades 11-12 at the rate of $40 per credit during the 2014-15 school year.
- Answering questions about Smarter Balanced
This Q & A is intended as a resource educators can use when visiting with parents about this spring’s Smarter Balanced Field Test.
- Getting up to speed on Student Learning Objectives
The schedule of this summer’s SLO trainings for teachers is now available.
- Scholarship available from SD Retired Teachers Association
This scholarship is for teachers seeking advanced degrees or national certification. April 5 is the application deadline.
- Celebrate South Dakota’s 125th Anniversary
125 schoolwide and classroom activities and many other resources are now available.
- Serving English language learners in rural and urban settings
This is the final installment in a series on ELLs in South Dakota. Read about programming in the Huron and Sioux Falls School Districts.
- Schools celebrate Spread the Word to End the Word Day
Students in Aberdeen and Rapid City are raising awareness to end the use of the R-word.