PRF - Paraprofessional
A Paraprofessional, also known as an “aide”, provides instructional support and assists teachers in the delivery of instructional and related services to students. The paraprofessional works under the supervision of the teacher and helps with the support the lesson plan of the licensed teacher.
The purpose of this screen is to collect detailed information regarding all paraprofessionals employed by the school district. This information is used for federal reporting.
Examples of the type of support provided by a Paraprofessional includes:
• Provide one-on-one tutoring if tutoring is scheduled at a time when a student would not otherwise receive instruction from a teacher;
• Assist with classroom management, such as by organizing instructional materials
• Provide instructional assistance in a computer laboratory
• Conduct parental involvement activities
• Provide instructional support in a library or media center
• Act as a translator
• Provide instructional support services under the supervision of a highly qualified teacher