Department of Education Headlines
Educators wanted to help set Smarter Balanced achievement level descriptors
This is a critical opportunity to collect input from a diverse group of participants and establish consistent measures of progress.
- Teachers and administrators reflect on this year’s teacher effectiveness pilot
Hear from educators at Bridgewater-Emery High School and Fred Assam Elementary.
- Board holds first public hearing on new physical education standards
The South Dakota Board of Education held the first of four public hearings on proposed K-12 physical education standards at its March meeting.
Making sense of NAEP results: 4th and 8th grade math
High school students who take higher-level math courses are more likely to succeed at the postsecondary level. See how South Dakota students are performing on the National Assessment of Educational Progress, which is one measure of math proficiency.
• Math Grade 4
• Math Grade 8
- Statewide Education Conference scheduled for June 2-3 in Pierre
The Department of Education invites you to attend.
- CenturyLink Teachers & Technology grant winners announced
CenturyLink has awarded $1,500 grants to five South Dakota educators who are innovating with technology in their classrooms.
- South Dakota students recognized as US Presidential Scholar Semifinalists
Congratulations to these six young scholars!