Food Distribution ProgramPROCESSING
CALCULATORS | NET OFF INVOICING | CONTACT
The Food Distribution Program (FDP) for child nutrition programs provides entitlement and bonus USDA Foods to local agencies. Each agency’s allocation is based on the average daily participation and a per meal entitlement set for each program.
Over 4 million pounds of USDA donated products (commodities) valued at over $2 million are distributed in SD schools annually. In addition, over 720,000 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables are distributed. The money to support this comes from a portion of USDA food entitlement. These are available to both public and non-public school food authorities participating in the National School Lunch Program. Summer Food Service organizations receive a very small commodity entitlement.
Receipt/Bill of Lading
Upon receipt of your USDA Foods:
• Count each and every commodity received!
• Verify that the amounts received match the bill of lading.
• Accept only commodities listed. Do not accept substitutions or overages. You are not required to keep something you did not order. Do not accept damaged product.
• Visually Check for signs of damage.
• Note & Initial shortages on bill of lading
• Both you AND the driver must sign two copies of the bill of lading.
• Submit an O,S & D report , within 5 days of receipt, on the iCAN website, for deliveries with discrepancies.
Numbered policy/instruction memos:
USDA releases numbered policy memos which govern the programs in addition to the laws, regulations, and guidance manuals. The legislaion, regulations and policy memos can be found under its respective program on the USDA website. South Dakota no longer relases the numbered memos separately. Announcements are provided through email, bulletins, and newsletters with reference to the appropriate USDA website.
2012-13 History Reports
|2012-13 USDA Foods/Commodity History Reports
Listed by Agency Zip Code
|Zip Codes 57001 - 57225|
|Zip Codes 57226 – 57385|
|Zip Codes 57401 - 57656|
|Zip Codes 57658 - 57790|
|2012-13 FFAVORS History Reports
Listed Alphabetically by Agency Name
|A – E|
For information about commodities in the Food Distribution for National School Lunch Program or Commodity Supplemental Food Program, contact Mark Moen at (605)773-4769.