The South Dakota Education Data Governance Group consists (SD-EDGG) of school district representatives and department staff. The group recommends data management policies and procedures that will contribute to the ultimate success of the public education system by defining policies and procedures governing the quality, availability, use, and security of educational data.
Goals of SD-EDGG:
• Identify those existing data sources and reporting processes of greatest educational value; root out waste and redundancy.
• Establish and maintain statewide data and metadata standards, including those for data quality.
• Ensure the security and confidentiality of all educational data.
• Define appropriate levels of data ownership, access and related support services for both SD DOE and LEA users, and other constituencies, including: legislators, academic researchers, and other authorized users.
• Support active use of state educational data through effective information sharing and professional development for educators.
|Data Sharing Review|
|SD Data Access Policy|
|Agenda - October 2015|
|Agenda - June 2015|
|Agenda - April 2015|
|Agenda - Feb. 2015|
|Agenda - Dec. 2014|
|Agenda - Oct. 2014|
|Agenda - Aug. 2014|
|Agenda - June 2014|
|Agenda - April 2014|