Online Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Information provided by the South Dakota Department of Education (SD DOE) is made available as a public service, without express or implied warranties of any kind and is subject to the following disclaimer:
SD DOE makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the absolute accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website. The State may make changes to information at any time to add, update, or correct the information provided. SD DOE makes no representations of warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the information and data. SD DOE attempts to maintain the highest accuracy of content on its website. Any errors or omissions should be reported for investigation.
Individuals accessing this website will make their own determination of how suitable the information and data is for their usage and intent. In no event will SD DOE be responsible for damages resulting from the use or reliance upon this information and data. SD DOE does not warrant that the use of information from SD DOE will not infringe or violate the rights of others.
This website may contain links to external websites or systems not owned or controlled by the SD DOE. In its sole discretion, the SD DOE will determine whether the external website is consistent with the purpose of the SD DOE website on a case by case basis. The links to the sites containing the following types of content are not considered appropriate (this list is a nonexclusive list):
- Sites that exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Affiliation or advocacy of a political party, organization, or candidate running for office except for links placed on the Secretary of State's website to provide access to information on political parties, candidates, election procedures and election laws;
- Content not suitable for readers or viewers of all ages;
- Content that infringes on any trademark, copyright, or patent rights of another;
- Content that a reasonable citizen may not consider to maintain the dignity and decorum appropriate for government
- Links to external websites and pages may be removed or replaced at the sole discretion of the SD DOE, at any time without notice.
Nothing contained in the website of the SD DOE, or in any of the links, should be construed to be an endorsement, recommendation, or preference for a commercial product, process, or service. When you link to an external site, you are subject to the policies of the new site, including the new site's use and privacy policies.
The information and opinions contained in the SD DOE's website are presented in good faith and believed to be correct. SD DOE makes no commitment to update, replace or correct any information and data that appears on the Internet outisde of the scope of the SD DOE's website.
Anyone may view, copy or distribute information found on the SD DOE website for personal or informational use without owing an obligation to the SD DOE. SD DOE makes no warranty that the materials contained within this information are free from copyright claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display.
One who uses the information available for public use from the SD DOE assumes the risk of using or relying on such information. Neither SD DOE, its employees, nor its agents shall be liable for any damages a user incurs because of viewing, distributing, or copying materials made available to the public.