Effectiveness: Frontline Education
Employee Evaluation Management supports the evaluation process by defining evaluation roles, encouraging dialogue, housing evaluation rubrics and forms, and providing an electronic platform to gather and store evidence. MyLearningPlan is configured to match the state recommended Teacher Effectiveness Model and the recommended Evaluation and Professional Growth Process. All South Dakota public school districts have the option to receive state-paid licenses to use MyLearningPlan.
Access to Frontline Education must be initiated at the local district level. To gain access, email the Frontline Education support team at email@example.com .
2022-23 Training Opportunities
All South Dakota public school districts have access to in-depth, high-quality training on the state's teaching standards (Danielson Framework) and how the standards are used for evaluation purposes. Teachers can access approximately 20 hours of training through Focus for Teachers. With a state-paid license, South Dakota teachers access Focus for Teachers through Teachscape Learn and receive comprehensive training on the South Dakota Framework for Teaching. Need an account? Contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Login at http://login.teachscape.com.
Through a state-paid Focus for Observers license, all evaluators can complete training and certification that prepares administrators to conduct accurate, fair, and meaningful evaluations of teaching performance. Focus for Observers includes a rigorous observer proficiency assessment.
Access to Frontline training and certification must be initiated at the local district level. To gain access, email Kelly.Royer@state.sd.us to make a request to access the training, a link to the training site will then be sent to the district.
- Teacher Evaluation Plan (free for SD public districts)
- Teacher CONDENSED Evaluation Plan (free for SD public districts)
- Teacher Non-Evaluated SLO Plan (free for SD public districts)
- Principal Evaluation Plan (free for SD public districts)
- School Specialist Evaluation Plans ($25 per school building)
- Component Identification Form
- Professional Practice Goal Setting Form
- Step One: SLO Process Guide
- SLO Quality Checklist
- Step Two: SLO Approval
- Step Three: Ongoing Communication Form
- Step Four: Prepare for Summative Conference Form
- Student Growth Rating
- Pre-Observation Form
- Formal/Informal Observation and Teacher Self-Score
- Post-Observation Form
- Evidence for Evaluator Feedback on Teacher Artifacts
- Professional Practice Rating
- Summative Teacher Effectiveness Form
- Professional Growth Plan
For more information, contact Hope Paulson, Department of Education, at (605) 280-0990.