DOE Logo         (605) 773-3134      Contact Us


Mentoring Program: Alternative Certification

Teachers completing alternative certification or the CTE (Career and Technical Education) instructor permit must:

  • Alternative certification for GE (General Education) or TFA (Teach for America)
    • Participate in mentoring program
  • Alternative certification for CTE or CTE Instructor Permit must:
    • Participate in mentoring program AND
    • Obtain transcripted credits to meet certification requirements either through the SD Mentoring Program or through the Mitchell Technical College's mentored internship.