New Educator Certification System Coming Soon
The Department of Education is building a new educator certification system, with an expected launch in February 2023. The system will be a one-stop shop for K-12 educators to apply for, renew, and add endorsements to their certificates.
During the transition from old to new systems, there will be a period when online certificate processing will not be available.
Thank you, in advance, for your patience as we work to make a better system for you.
- Be simplified, streamlined, and easy to use.
- Feature enhanced communication functions between applicants and our certification team.
- Store information long-term. Users won’t need to re-input basic information as they conduct different tasks within the system.
- Allow users to upload trainings in real-time rather than having to wait until the year of certificate renewal.
- Be part of the State of South Dakota's single sign-on initiative.
- If you submitted an application prior to system shutdown, please check your email for more information about your application.
- DOE is working directly with South Dakota colleges and universities to assure the timely processing of certificates for their December 2022 graduates, if the application was submitted prior to system shutdown.
- 2023 Renewal requests and requests to add endorsements will not be processed. These requests should be held until the new system is live.
If you want to get ahead of the game, educators can begin by creating a mySD account. All users will need a mySD account to access the new certification system when it becomes available. A mySD account is part of the State of South Dakota’s single sign-on initiative that allows a user to access services across state government using a single username and password.
Once the new system is live in February 2023, you’ll be able to link your mySD account to the new Educator Certification Portal and create a new profile.
NOTE: The Department of Education is working to ensure that certificate information and documents from the old system transfer to the new system. But you will need to create a new profile within the system once it is launched.
- From this time forward until the new system is live, initial applications will be processed manually. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From this time forward until the new system is live, renewal requests and requests to add endorsements cannot be processed.
- Note: DOE is working directly with South Dakota colleges and universities to assure the timely processing of certificates for their December 2022 graduates.
- Users will need a mySD account to access.
- Users will link their mySD account to the new Educator Certification Portal and create a new profile.