The South Dakota Career & Technical Education Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CTE-CLNA) will gather accurate and objective information so South Dakota school districts and consortiums can implement manageable action processes to ensure their local CTE options provide learners with the knowledge and skills they need to prepare for college, careers, and lifelong learning. LEAs and consortiums will use this information to implement strategies to transform and expand CTE programs so that each learner-regardless of background, age, or zip code-is prepared for career and college success.
- SD-CLNA Guide
- CTE CLNA Planning Document
- Career Clusters Infographic
- Student Survey Printable Version
- Student Survey Google Form Version
- Student Survey- Spanish Version
- Parent Survey Printable Version
- Parent Survey Google Form Version
- Parent Survey- Spanish Version
- Teacher Survey Printable Version
- Teacher Survey Google Form Version
- Labor Market Data
- 2018 SD Workforce Report (published in Sept. 2019)
- What are the Webb levels?
- Where do I find CTE course standards?
- Official list of approved Industry Recognized Certifications
- Work Based Learning
- Career Launch SD Work-Based Learning Toolkit
- CTE course categories- what do they mean and where do they count?
- Teacher Certification- how to check Teacher PRF
Forms and Templates
- Perkins Budget Allocation Report - coming soon!
- Sample Coding Categories
Identify the Needs
- Emerging Needs by Component Template
- Prioritizing Needs Excel Doc Worksheet
- Prioritizing Needs Summary Worksheet
Root Cause Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis Handout
- Training opportunities
- Five Whys Template
- Consensus Building Strategy: The Focusing Four
- Alignment Opportunities Handout
Connect to Implementation
- Program Improvement Action Plan
- Recruitment, Retention & Training Action Plan