Emerging Leaders in Education
Emerging Leaders in Education are considered for membership on advisory boards and task forces, and as candidates for special recognition programs. In addition, they represent their communities and our state, and may ultimately receive prestigious recognition.
The Department of Education is seeking to add to the Emerging Leaders Pool, classroom teachers and/or principals who have demonstrated all of the following:
- Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective instructional practices and student learning results in the classroom and school;
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession;
- Individuals whose contributions to education are largely unheralded yet worthy of the spotlight;
- Early-to mid-career educators who offer strong long-range potential for professional and policy leadership and;
- Engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues and the community.
To recommend an educator:
- Complete one Talent Pool Recommendation Form for each candidate with confidential, succinct, and specific information. All questions must be answered. Typewritten submissions are preferred;
- Write a one-page letter that addresses how the candidate meets the aforementioned criteria; and
- Obtain a copy of the candidate s resume.
Contact Amanda Hargreaves, with the SD Department of Education with your questions at 605-773-8415.