South Dakota students recognized as US Presidential Scholar Semifinalists
The United States Presidential Scholars Program was established in 1964, by Executive Order of the President, to recognize and honor some of our nation’s most distinguished graduating high school seniors. In 1979, the program was extended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional talent in the visual, creative and performing arts. Each year, up to 141 students are named as U.S. Presidential Scholars, one of the nation’s highest honors for high school students. The Scholars represent excellence in education and the promise of greatness in young people.
Congratulations to South Dakota’s semifinalists!
• Nicholas Bien, Brookings High School
• Mary Billion, O’Gorman High School
• Yixuan He, Brookings High School
• Hunter Koch, Yankton High School
• Gabrielle Metzger, Brookings High School
• Nicholas Sieger, St. Thomas More High School