South Dakota Interim Assessments
The SD Interim Assessments are optional tests administered throughout the year to help teachers monitor student progress and be able to choose the right assessment at the right time.
They provide educators with actionable data about student knowledge and abilities to help teachers target instruction to meet students’ individual learning needs.
Items include all the accessibility resources available in the summative assessment to help provide accurate results for students.
- Step-by-step guide on utilizing the Interim Assessments and formative tools
- Assessment Gateway
- Training ppts (coming soon)
What are Interim Assessments?
Interim Assessment Blueprints
- FIAB: Focused Interim Assessment Blocks – Mathematics
- FIAB: Focused Interim Assessment Blocks – English Language Arts
- IAB: Interim Assessment Blocks – Mathematics
- IAB: Interim Assessment Blocks – English Language Arts
- ICA: Interim Comprehensive Assessment – Mathematics
- ICA: Interim Comprehensive Assessment – English Language Arts
Using Interims with students
Contact DOEassessment@state.sd.us with questions.