Thank you for your interest in educator certification in South Dakota. To learn more about certification, renewal, adding endorsements, and more, follow the links below. Our certification team is available Monday through Friday according to the following schedule: 8-10 a.m. (Central). Staff respond to emails and phone calls; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (Central) Staff process applications; and 3-5 p.m. (Central) Staff respond to emails and phone calls.
>>> Find out more about Teacher 411
>>> Helpful tips for using the South Dakota Teacher 411
>>> Teacher 411 Educator Lookup
To be certified to teach an assignment or act as an administrator or education specialist, certified educators must have the appropriate endorsement that meets state certification. An educator must request an endorsement be added to a certificate. This will not be automatically added after passing the state-designated test or completing the requirements of the endorsement.
According to ARSD 24:28:18:05, coursework required to add an endorsement must be completed within the 10 year period prior to the application.
- Certification Rules
- Teacher 411
- Endorsement Requirements
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention Training
- South Dakota Indian Studies Course
- State-Designated Tests
- Application Flowcharts and Tips - Initial Certification
- Application Flowcharts and Tips - Existing Certificate
- Comparison of CTE Alternative Certification and CTE Instructor
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness
- Tuition Reduction Program for Teachers
- Submit electronic transcript directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail official/original paper transcripts
- Mail official/original transcripts (transcripts may be removed from the sealed envelope)
800 Governors Drive Pierre, SD 57501
Transcripts may NOT be submitted as a pdf or attached to an email
Questions can be directed to: email@example.com.