Special Education Programs:
Districts are reviewed every five years. Districts will also be reviewed for the following reasons:
- If the district had a complaint or Due Process in the past year.
- If the district did not meet state targets on State Performance Plan (SPP).
- Other areas: Extraordinary Cost Fund Audit and Significant Disproportionality
- District Accountability Review Process Recording (3/2021)
- District Accountability Review Process (3/2021)
- District Accountability Process
- District Comprehensive Plan Template
Agency Accountability Process
- Agency Comprehensive Plan Template - (word)
- Process of Individual Education Program Development (Video)
- Agency Review Form
SD Special Education District Accountability Reports
District Internal Review Document
If you have questions, please contact the Special Education Office at the South Dakota Department of Education at 605-773-3678.