Special Education Programs:
Districts are reviewed every five years. Districts will also be reviewed for the following reasons:
- If the district had a complaint or Due Process in the past year.
- If the district did not meet state targets on State Performance Plan (SPP).
- Other areas: Extraordinary Cost Fund Audit and Significant Disproportionality
Agency Accountability Process
SD Special Education District Accountability Reports
District Internal Review Document
- Google version can be copied by accessing: Google Download IR - Tutorial
- Excel Version: Download Version - Tutorial
- Internal Review PDF
- Facilitated Internal Review Training
- Facilitated Internal Review document with comments on tab File 1
- Internal Review Document (excel)
Title: District RDA Data Retreat
If you have questions, please contact the Special Education Office at the South Dakota Department of Education at 605-773-3678.