CTE: Perkins V
In July 2018, Congress reauthorized the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 (Perkins IV), the federal law overseeing funding of Career and Technical Education. The new law, Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V), gives South Dakota an opportunity to align CTE systems and focus on the needs of students, schools, and industry, while implementing a modernized state vision for CTE.
South Dakota’s four-year state plan was approved in May 2020.
- Improve 19 Feedback Analysis
- Industry Leaders' Input Analysis
- Secondary Difference
- Postsecondary Accountability Changes
- Read the Bill
- ACTE Perkins V Resources
- Advance CTE Perkins Resources
- CCSSO Perkins Priorities
- Perkins Collaborative Resource Network
- South Dakota's Perkins IV State Plan
- Perkins Guidance Page
- Vo-Tech vs. CTE Infographic
Questions? Contact DOECTE@state.sd.us with questions or input.