CTE: Perkins V
In July 2018, Congress reauthorized the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 (Perkins IV), the federal law overseeing funding of Career and Technical Education. The new law, Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V), gives South Dakota an opportunity to align CTE systems and focus on the needs of students, schools, and industry, while implementing a modernized state vision for CTE.
South Dakota’s four-year state plan was approved in May 2020.
Submit comments to: DOECTE@state.sd.us
Or mail to: Laura Scheibe, 800 Governor Dr., Pierre, SD 57501
Public Comment period will open on March 15 and close at 5 p.m. (Central) on April 16.
- Accountability Indicators for Public Comment Due to the disruptions of the COVID-19 pandemic, SD DOE is proposing to revise Perkins accountability indicators. Please click on the above link for more information.
- Improve 19 Feedback Analysis
- Industry Leaders' Input Analysis
- Secondary Difference
- Postsecondary Accountability Changes
- Read the Bill
- ACTE Perkins V Resources
- Advance CTE Perkins Resources
- CCSSO Perkins Priorities
- Perkins Collaborative Resource Network
- South Dakota's Perkins IV State Plan
- Perkins Guidance Page
- Vo-Tech vs. CTE Infographic
Contact the South Dakota Department of Education's Career and Technical Education office at DOECTE@state.sd.us with questions or input.