The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) works to develop more fully the academic knowledge and technical and employability skills of secondary education students and postsecondary education students who elect to enroll in career and technical education programs and programs of study.
- Overview on CTE Programs in South Dakota
- Learn more about South Dakota’s transition and implementation to Perkins V
Any school district or entity wishing to reach ‘Approved CTE Program’ status for school year 2019-2020 must submit an application on or before March 1, 2019. Applications can by submitted using the instructions above and this link- https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QQRKKQ2.
If you have questions or need support in completing the CTE Program Application, contact your regional specialist.
FY20 Perkins Grant Deadlines/Work Flow
Note: Consortiums and Single District Entities are required to fully submit their Perkins Budget Application via the GMS system by June 15, 2019.
Budget applications not received by June 15th will be placed at the top of the list for monitoring check-ups in the coming year.
- Perkins Budget Application FY20 Instructions
- FY20 Perkins Consortium Agreement
- FY20 Perkins Consortium Local Plan Form
- FY20 Perkins Single District Local Plan Form
- Quick Guide to Budget Application Codes
- FY20 Grant Deadlines
- Link to Grants Management System
- Top 5 Perkins Budget Request Red Flag Issues
- Identifying the Correct Fiscal Year for Perkins Budget Requests
- How to Write a Perkins Justification
- Perkins Budget Tab Worksheet
- Time and Effort: Semi-Annual Certification
- Time and Effort: Personnel Activity Report (PAR)
- Time and Effort: Hourly Personnel Activity Report
Note: The final day to submit FY19 (school year 18-19) Perkins Budget Amendments via the GMS system is April 30. After that date budget amendments will not be accepted.
- Advisory Committee Handbook
- Perkins Disallowable Guidance
- FY19 Perkins GMS Budget Instructions (Only valid for 18-19 school year)
- Perkins Inventory Policy
- Consortium Role and Responsibilities FAQ
- Perkins Waiver Policy
- Time and Effort Guidance
- FY19 Perkins Justification Tips (updated coming for FY20)
- Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V)- Full Text of Law
- Finance Forms
- Link to Perkins Data Collection Information
The Perkins Reserve Grants are currently closed for this fiscal year. If assistance is needed regarding follow-up documentation or reimbursement please contact your regional specialist.