The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) works to develop more fully the academic knowledge and technical and employability skills of secondary education students and postsecondary education students who elect to enroll in career and technical education programs and programs of study.
Districts are required to complete an annual CTE program consultation with the DOE Division of Career and Technical Education in conjunction with the SD-CLNA to maintain their program approval status. DCTE Regional Specialists will guide districts through this process on a one on one basis.
SD DOE Course Code Master Lists:
- NEW- Using Perkins Funds to Support CTE Program
- Top 5 Perkins Budget Request Red Flag Issues
- Identifying the Correct Fiscal Year for Perkins Budget Requests
- How to Write a Perkins Justification
- Quick Guide to Budget Application Codes
- FY23 Perkins Grant Work Cycle and Deadlines
- Perkins Budget Checklist
- Perkins Budget Application Instructions
- Perkins Budget Tab Worksheet
- Grants Management System
- Perkins Consortium Agreement- General Use
- Perkins Consortium Agreement FY22- Eastern Statewide
- Perkins Consortium Local Plan Form
- Perkins Single District Local Plan Form
- CLNA Lite Action Plan
Perkins budgets are submitted via the SD DOE’s Grants Management System or GMS as are other grants and funding mechanisms.
- Sample Perkins Inventory Tracker
- Sample Perkins Inventory Annual Check-in Survey
If you would like technical assistance in how to use the Check-in Survey to annually verify inventory location and condition, please contact Kim.Roth@state.sd.us for an automated and efficient process.
- Request Perkins Inventory Tags
- Submit Copy of FY22 Inventory
- Directions for STARS Account Managers- Perkins Report Card Access
- Private Perkins Report Card
- Public Perkins Report Card
- Navigating the Perkins Report Card
- Guide to Understanding Perkins Indicators If you have questions regarding the Perkins Report Card contact Kim.Roth@state.sd.us
- Program Improvement Policy
- Guide to Understanding Perkins Performance Indicators
- Program Improvement Framework: ELA
- Program Improvement Framework: Math
- Program Improvement Framework: Science
- Program Improvement Framework: On Time Graduation
- Program Improvement Framework: Non-Traditional Concentrators
- Program Improvement Framework: Placement
- Program Improvement Framework: Work Based Learning
Email Program Improvement Framework(s) to email@example.com no later than April 15, 2022. If you have questions, contact your regional specialist or Kim Roth.