Office Of Assessment
The goal of the SD Department of Education is that all high school students graduate college, career, and life ready. To this aim, the South Dakota assessment system is designed to provide districts, schools, and parents with the information they need to ensure that their students remain on track to reach this goal. South Dakota public school students participate in annual summative testing in English language arts and mathematics and the results of these tests are included in the state accountability system. In addition to annual tests in English language arts and mathematics, South Dakota requires assessment of science and writing annually and provides schools and teachers with resources to utilize other assessments to help identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Workshop Presentations and Webinars
- Required Assessments
- 2019-2020 Master Calendar
- Optional Assessments
- Review your child’s test
- Educator Opportunities
- National Center and State Collaborative (NCSC Alternative Assessment)
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
- Assessment for English Learners: ACCESS/W-APT
- SD ELA and Math General Education, Science and Science Alternate, Assessment Portal
- Smarter Balanced Assessment information
Contact the Assessment Staff with any questions.