Perkins Web Portal
Data tells a story. It paints a picture reflecting strengths and opportunities. It can reveal the unexpected and affirm what appears evident in our classrooms, schools, and communities. Career and Technical Education emphasizes making data-driven decisions to best serve students, schools, communities, and workforce development needs. Thoroughly and accurately collecting CTE data is the foundation of knowing and using the information for sound decision making. The following sections provide instruction, training, and assistance to accomplish these tasks.
Districts are required to complete an annual CTE program consultation with the DOE Division of Career and Technical Education in conjunction with the SD-CLNA to maintain their program approval status. DCTE Regional Specialists will guide districts through this process on a one on one basis.
- CTE Data Collection Instructions Spring 2023
- Mass Enrollment Directions
- Individual Enrollment Directions
- Course Enrollment Upload Directions
- Industry Certifications Directions
- List of State Recognized Industry Certifications
- Placement Data Entry Directions
- Placement Upload Directions When you feel your placement data is complete, email Kim.Roth@state.sd.us with an email subject of "Placement Feedback Please - (Your District's Name)".
CTE data must be validated by running the Course Status Report. Instructions for doing this are included at CTE Data Collection Instructions Spring 2023.
NOTE: The PRF system permanently closes on June 16, 2023. Once the PRF system closes, CTE data collection issues due to inaccurate PRF will not be fixable after June 16, 2023. Plan ahead and begin validating CTE data immediately after the final posting of grades for the SY2022-23. Final validation of CTE data is due on June 16, 2023 as part of each district's year-end sign-off. Contact your CTE Regional Specialist or Kim Roth with questions.
Questions? Contact Kim Roth at (605) 280-6362.