The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) works to develop more fully the academic knowledge and technical and employability skills of secondary education students and postsecondary education students who elect to enroll in career and technical education programs and programs of study.
Districts are required to complete an annual CTE program consultation with the DOE Division of Career and Technical Education in conjunction with the SD-CLNA to maintain their program approval status. DCTE Regional Specialists will guide districts through this process on a one on one basis.
Go here to learn more about the CTE-Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment process and related resources.
- NEW- Using Perkins Funds to Support CTE Program
- Perkins Budget Checklist
- Perkins Budget Application FY22 Instructions
- Perkins Consortium Agreement- General Use
- Perkins Consortium Agreement FY22- Eastern Statewide
- Perkins Consortium Local Plan Form
- Perkins Single District Local Plan Form
- CLNA Lite Action Plan
- Quick Guide to Budget Application Codes
- FY22 Perkins Grant Work Cycle and Deadlines
- Perkins Budget Tab Worksheet
- Link to Grants Management System
- Top 5 Perkins Budget Request Red Flag Issues
- Identifying the Correct Fiscal Year for Perkins Budget Requests
- How to Write a Perkins Justification
- Time and Effort: Semi-Annual Certification
- Time and Effort: Personnel Activity Report (PAR)
- Time and Effort: Hourly Personnel Activity Report
Perkins budgets are submitted via the SD DOE’s Grants Management System or GMS as are other grants and funding mechanisms.
- Access the Perkins Report Card
- Perkins Report Card Instructions
- Directions for STARS Account Managers- Perkins Report Card Access
- Guide to Understanding Perkins Indicators If you have questions regarding the Perkins Report Card contact Kim.Roth@state.sd.us