December Child Count
Child Count is an unduplicated count of all children with disabilities ages 3 – 21 receiving special education and related services according to an individualized education program (IEP) on December 1st of each year.
Child Count 2019 Timelines:
Districts may begin uploads on December 2, 2019
All school districts must submit their child count by January 10, 2020.
Upon notification from DOE district superintendents will need to log in and complete a FINAL CERTIFICATION by February 7, 2020.
- Instructions - Child Count Data Submission
- December 2019 Child Count Newsletter
- Exporting File from Infinite Campus
- Desk Guide - Special Education Data Reporting
- Instructions for Reporting Private School Students
- Districts Required to Report Private School Students
- Steps to Update SE (IEP) Data
- Helpful Tips for Successful Child Count Data Submission
For more information, contact the Department of Education's Office of Finance and Management at 605-773-3248.