December Child Count
Child Count is an unduplicated count of all children with disabilities ages 3 - 21 receiving special education and related services according to an individualized education program (IEP) on December 1st of each year.
Child Count 2023 Timelines:
- Districts may begin uploads on December 1, 2023
- Child Count must be submitted by January 12, 2024
- Final Certification must by completed by February 16, 2024
- Instructions - Child Count Data Submission
- December Child Count Newsletter
- Desk Guide - Special Education Data Reporting (pages 100-114)
- Instructions for Reporting Private School Students
- Districts Required to Report Private School Students
- Steps to Update SE (IEP) Data
- Helpful Tips for Successful Child Count Data Submission
For more information, contact the Department of Education's Office of Finance and Management at 605-773-3248.