School Financial Data
Click here to log-on to DOE annual financial report data submission
- Instruction Guide: Annual Financial Report
- AFR File Upload Specifications
- Monthly Cash Balance Upload Specifications
- 2021 Chart of Accounts
- Annual Report Checklist
- End of Year GJ Entry Examples
- Policy: Extension to File Annual Report
- Policy: Calculation of Penalty
- FY2018 Post-Secondary Technical Institute Program Coding
Governmental Accounting Standards Board - Statement 54 was implemented in fiscal year 2011. Starting with fiscal year 2011, the data reported for the General Fund includes the sum of the committed, assigned and unassigned fund balance.
For the Capital Outlay and Special Education funds, the amounts are the total fund balance.
- General Fund, fiscal years 2011-2020
- Capital Outlay Fund, fiscal year 2011 - 2020
- Special Education Fund, fiscal years 2011 – 2020
- General Fund, fiscal years 1994-2010
- Capital Outlay Fund, fiscal years 1994-2010
- Special Education Fund, fiscal years 1994-2010
Cooperative and Multi-District Fiscal Summary
2011-2020 Expenditures and Fund Balances
As per a statutory change to SDCL 13-8-47 during the 2015 legislative session, the Department of Education amended the annual financial report submitted by all public school districts and cooperatives to include a survey of their monthly cash balances. Each district or cooperative was asked to provide the monthly cash balance for the following funds; general, capital outlay, special education and pension.
The cash balance information is submitted before an audit has been completed and as per DOE’s instructions should include the following balance sheet cash accounts: 101-Cash Deposits, 102-Petty Cash, 103-Cash Change, 104-Cash with Fiscal Agent, 105-Interest Bearing Accounts, 106-Saving Certificates, 107-Restricted Cash and 108-Advance Payments.
For more information or descriptions of what the above stated accounts should include please refer to the School District Accounting Manual on the Department of Legislative Audit’s website.
|FY2022 Medicaid Admin Claiming|
|FY2021 Medicaid Admin Claiming|
|FY2020 Medicaid Admin Claiming|
|FY2019 Medicaid Admin Claiming|
For more information, contact the Department of Education's Office of Finance and Management at 605-773-3248.